Nuclear Wrestling Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk wrestling, MMA, and other sports. With laid back rules...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Samoa Joe thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bigfloridapimp

bigfloridapimp

Samoa Joe thread Empty
PostSubject: Samoa Joe thread   Samoa Joe thread EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:37 pm

Samoa Joe thread A_med_Samoa_Joe__0024_prv.jpg

As of late the Joe character has upset me, especially how he has been used and not used. I mean it all started a few years ago when he had his less than great world title reign. Over time he got demoted and then swerved and joined the MeM which then it all got crazier. In the late 2009 boom in TNA he was a main eventer and it was beautiful, but after that I think Hogan didnt wanna push him so he got shoved under the rug. He gets abducted and that whole angle was a mess and wasnt developed. THEN a few weeks later Joe is basically crying and out of breathe talking how he talked after his Nation of Violence faze. Now he is back and hes been repackage from where he began. Now Joe instead of becoming what he is, a main event guy hes back to destroying the X-Division as a heel who the fans love, thus being a tweener. Some people like how Joe is being used, but I dont think they realize he is being used how he was back in 2005. Joe is being used like before and done nothing but regress and I think it sucks. Doug Williams was doing just fine as a X-Division dominate guy. No need for Joe, Joe should have come back to destroy the main event ranks. But thats just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bigfloridapimp

Samoa Joe thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samoa Joe thread   Samoa Joe thread EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:53 pm

I thought (and still think) he is very overrated, but even I am impressed with how TNA used him since he came back. He looks like a brute, bullying the smaller wrestlers.
Back to top Go down
bigfloridapimp

bigfloridapimp

Samoa Joe thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samoa Joe thread   Samoa Joe thread EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:59 pm

Rock Mark wrote:
I thought (and still think) he is very overrated, but even I am impressed with how TNA used him since he came back. He looks like a brute, bullying the smaller wrestlers.

Thats the thing though, he did that same thing 5 years ago, they have done nothing but revert him back to how he debut.

And IDK, I mean he works and keeps pace with wrestlers half his size and he does amazing things, for a wrestler, not just a big man. Hes the most talented big man since Rikishi, blowing Umaga out the water IMO.
Back to top Go down

Samoa Joe thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samoa Joe thread   Samoa Joe thread EmptyWed May 05, 2010 7:07 pm

bigfloridapimp wrote:

Thats the thing though, he did that same thing 5 years ago, they have done nothing but revert him back to how he debut.

And IDK, I mean he works and keeps pace with wrestlers half his size and he does amazing things, for a wrestler, not just a big man. Hes the most talented big man since Rikishi, blowing Umaga out the water IMO.

Oh, IDK, didnt watch TNA back then.

As for the most talented guy since Rikishi? Since when was Rikishi talented? He was one of the biggest flops ever. Umaga was way better IMO.
Back to top Go down
bigfloridapimp

bigfloridapimp

Samoa Joe thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samoa Joe thread   Samoa Joe thread EmptyWed May 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Rock Mark wrote:
bigfloridapimp wrote:

Oh, IDK, didnt watch TNA back then.

As for the most talented guy since Rikishi? Since when was Rikishi talented? He was one of the biggest flops ever. Umaga was way better IMO.

OK then I like Rikishi and think he was great., BUT, Umaga better than Joe??? Umaga had no mic skills, and Umaga's calling card move was a freakin shoulder pinch which he would use 2 to 3 times a match for a combined 4 minutes easy. Joe IMO is leaps and bounds better than Umaga. Umaga if you think about it has the generic Samoan move set. Samoan drop variations, a splash, body slam. Joe on the other hand breaks away from those basic moves and even goes a step further with more agile moves.

I can give in that Umaga had agility for his size, but compared to Joe? And lets face it Umaga worked as a monster against little guys, he never had to keep up with them or work a similar style, he just squashed them. Joe has been in the X-Division with AJ, Petey, KAZ, Daniels and etc. So I have that to go by too.
Back to top Go down
TripleMerc

Samoa Joe thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samoa Joe thread   Samoa Joe thread EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:41 pm

I don't care whether Joe's progressing or regressing. Joe as a monster vs the X-Division is UNBELIEVABLY entertaining. And it's an EASY push to the main event, they just need to get him there. AJ vs Joe for the World Title would be incredible, and it's something that I don't think is out of the realm of possibility.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Samoa Joe thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samoa Joe thread   Samoa Joe thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Samoa Joe thread
Page 1 of 1