Nuclear Wrestling Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk wrestling, MMA, and other sports. With laid back rules...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dana White Fires Kimbo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bigfloridapimp

bigfloridapimp

Dana White Fires Kimbo Empty
PostSubject: Dana White Fires Kimbo   Dana White Fires Kimbo EmptyMon May 10, 2010 1:19 pm

Quote :

Slice went 1-1 in the UFC after the reality show, including a bad loss Saturday night at UFC 113 against Matt Mitrione. The fight was so one-sided, the UFC president decided to give Kimbo, 36, his pink slip.

"That's probably Kimbo's last fight in the UFC," White said. "Listen, Kimbo made it farther than I thought he would."

"He came in. He couldn't be a nicer guy. He took things serious, trained and went after it," White said. "His first fight wasn't the YouTube fights you saw. He won that fight [against Houston Alexander on the TUF 10 finale]. He deserved another fight in the UFC and he lost. Got nothing but respect for Kimbo and I like him as a person. And I think he's carried himself really well."

FULL STORY

This sucks... I love Kimbo. But I think its clear if Kimbo wants big money fights he needs to be a boxer. He doesnt have the skills to be in the MMA game and beside. A crazy powerful punch and a chin of steel wont win it for you, but in boxing it can. Kimbo simply ran out of gas in his fight with Mitrione. And he just couldnt defend himself so the ref called it. Thats the thing if he goes in boxing it might be a different story. Once he falls down (if he falls down) they cant jump on him and keep going. I do hope he goes into boxing or possibly Strikeforce takes him back. But surely, not at the same pay rates as before...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bigfloridapimp
Acey
Admin
Admin
Acey

Dana White Fires Kimbo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White Fires Kimbo   Dana White Fires Kimbo EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:28 pm

I like Kimbo, but i never liked him in MMA...
Back to top Go down
https://nukeforums.forumotion.com

Dana White Fires Kimbo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nuclear Wrestling Forum :: Other Sports :: MMA & UFC-
Jump to: