Nuclear Wrestling Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk wrestling, MMA, and other sports. With laid back rules...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Top 5 - Discuss

Go down 
+3
Wesker's Shadow
Acey
xX OutSid3r Xx
7 posters
AuthorMessage
xX OutSid3r Xx

xX OutSid3r Xx

Your Top 5 - Discuss Empty
PostSubject: Your Top 5 - Discuss   Your Top 5 - Discuss EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:09 am

Since I was 2 years old Ive been playing video games and have had at least some experience with every console since the Original Nintendo, though I have played the greats from the generations before. I am of the firmly held belief that video games had their peak in the late 90's and early 00's and few games have had the impact that these classics did. Not to say there haven't been any good games since then but nothing has felt quite as epic as my first play-through of FF7 when I spent nearly a whole summer just playing it and re-playing it.

5.) Final Fantasy 7 (1997)- It makes damn near every list if only Top 10's. Its my number 5 for obvious reasons, sprawling world and well over 100 hours of game-play. Great and memorable characters, and a good (if not predictable story-line) Plenty of side missions and extra-curricular games and fun things to see and do. My first taste at the Japanese RPG, and still my choice for the best Turn Based RPG of all time.

4.)Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind (2002)- The best Western RPG of all time. One of the original FPS-RPG hybrids to be released. It gave near endless hours of game-play, focusing on the actual RP-Experience above all else. You chose your race, your primary and secondary skills and could only level them by doing them. You could just grab a basic class and run off on your own, through exploring the world and doing quests you will specialize your character exactly like you want them to be just by playing the game. Not to mention some of the best dialogue writing in any game from the past decade.

3.)Fallout Series (1997-2008)- Growing up watching movies like the Mad Max Trilogy, "Screamers" and even more modern Post-Apocalyptic movies like "Book of Eli" if you have a taste for the End of Days setting then there is no series of games better then Fallout. The original two titles (and subsequent spin-off's) are of the point and click over head (ala diablo or baulders gate) variety switching to a turn based combat system. Boasting the best and sometimes campiest dialogue of the times, borrowing heavily from mid-80's and early 90's sci-fi pop culture. The third game of the series aptly named Fallout 3 combines the familiar post-apocalyptic theme and drops you into an FPS-RPG. While its storyline isnt as robust as many games in the Genre it does sport a hearty 60-70 hours of game-play your first time through not including the 5 core expansions added so far.

2.) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (1997)- Imagine the original Castlevania titles, side-scrolling adventures that required more then abit of finesse to conquer. Now take that idea, add in RPG elements, a massive map, great and challenging bosses, now add in close to 200 weapons and items. The best side scrolling melee combat, with plenty of unique and interesting creatures to bash into oblivion. Pets that do various tricks, and multiple endings.

1.) Duke Nukem 3D (1996)- If you have been following along and thinking that Im just some RP-Kid, well this will shut you up. My hands down favorite game of all time is no other then Duke 3D. Bringing badass to PCs and Consoles near you for the better part of the last 15 years. I have owned every release of this game since the original up to its most recent form on the Xbox 360. The Duke himself was inspired by every John Wayne, Bruce Willis and Sylvester Stalone to ever hit the theaters. Add in constant easter-eggs and nods to 90's pop culture, crass and abusive language, plenty of pixilated blood and gore, the most amusing guns you will ever use in a shooter, and you have yourself the greatest FPS of all time. (Warning the weak may experience motion sickness.)
Back to top Go down
Acey
Admin
Admin
Acey

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 - Discuss   Your Top 5 - Discuss EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:50 am

1. Final Fantasy Series

2. Fallout 3

3. Grand Theft Auto 4

4. Red Faction: Guerilla

5. Dragon Age: Origins
Back to top Go down
https://nukeforums.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 - Discuss   Your Top 5 - Discuss EmptySun May 02, 2010 3:03 pm

GTA 3 was awesome when that first came out, Metal Gear Solid on PS1, Goldeneye on N64, Super Mario 64 on N64 and all the FIFA's.

Oh, and COD - MW2 of course.
Back to top Go down
Wesker's Shadow

Wesker's Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 - Discuss   Your Top 5 - Discuss EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:45 pm

1. Resident Evil - Original/REmake & RE3

2. Left 4 Dead - Can't really decide on which one is better as they're both so different

3. Silent Hill - Toss up between Homecoming & SH3

4. Metal Gear Solid - Loved Twin Snakes, 3 & 4

5. Tie between Kingdom Hearts & Devil May Cry

Last edited by Wesker's Shadow on Mon May 03, 2010 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xX OutSid3r Xx

xX OutSid3r Xx

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 - Discuss   Your Top 5 - Discuss EmptySun May 02, 2010 11:54 pm

Resident Evil 1 would have made my Top 5 except I never managed to remember the game well enough to make the 3 hour play-through. Always pissed me off -_-
Back to top Go down
Wesker's Shadow

Wesker's Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 - Discuss   Your Top 5 - Discuss EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:32 am

xX OutSid3r Xx wrote:
Resident Evil 1 would have made my Top 5 except I never managed to remember the game well enough to make the 3 hour play-through. Always pissed me off -_-

LOL! Yeah, the tank controls were never that easy to work with and the voice acting was hilariously bad. Try out REmake though if you'd like to give the game a try again. It's on Gamecube and Wii. Its the same game essentially with updated graphics and some tweaks to the storyline. Nothing major though and on the plus side, the voice acting has improved, lol!
Back to top Go down
xX OutSid3r Xx

xX OutSid3r Xx

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 - Discuss   Your Top 5 - Discuss EmptyMon May 03, 2010 12:31 pm

Cmon, I love crappy "B" horrors. The voice acting fit that genre to a T, that's probably why it became the success it did. I just miss the series as it used to be though, an actual survival horror game. Now adays, RE4 an 5 suck in my opinion. They are just to run and gun, for my taste. Deadspace is the closest we've gotten to a proper survival horror game in the past couple console generations I think. And even Deadspace seems abit more action oriented then the original SH games.
Back to top Go down
TripleMerc

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 - Discuss   Your Top 5 - Discuss EmptyMon May 03, 2010 8:00 pm

5: Deus Ex.
Best story of any game ever. So much fun to play.

4: Shatterhand
Beautiful NES-era platformer with kickass music. Very hard, but very fun.

3: World of Goo
Some weird indie-game flavour of the month. But it's really entertaining. So fucking awesome.

2: ET
Probably the best Atari 2600 game of all time. Such a good story, such a fun game.

1: WWF No Mercy
THE wrestling game of all time. Simply the best. Better than all the rest.
Back to top Go down
Mr_Meister

Mr_Meister

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 - Discuss   Your Top 5 - Discuss EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:55 pm

5. Tekken 5 - I love the whole Tekken series, but this Tekken for PS2 was the peak of the series for me. Amazing amount of characters, a nice single player, and a great game to play with friends. Extremely polished. Tekken 6 has better graphics and possibly gameplay, but the lack of being able to "level up" in single player means you have to play online. Online is flawed though, with lag, in any country. Tekken is about timing, so this makes it a pain in the ass. With no reason to play single player, and a flawed online mode, Tekken 6 suffers the penalties, and Tekken 5 takes the number 5 spot.

4. Uncharted 2 - Scoring a 96 on Metacritic, it's easy to see why this game is so well received. Amazing voice acting, gameplay and storyline. And for when that's done, multiplayer fun definitely to be had.

3. Final Fantasy X - All things considered (graphics, gameplay, voice acting, character development, plot) this is my favourite Final Fantasy. They just did everything right, including mini games. No matter what, I keep coming back to this.

2. Pokemon Leaf Green/Fire Red - Say what you want about the target audience, but Pokemon is a well crafted series. Hell, the old ones were great, the new ones are good, and remakes of the old ones just rule all. Most of the power bill goes on me charging my gameboy to play this stuff.

1. WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain - The last in the Smackdown games to have more of an arcade feel, this is the game I can't ever sell. I buy the new Smackdown games every year, having played them since way back, and it always ends the same way. I play them, and get the urge to go back to this game. So I sell the latest game and go back to this classic. Huge roster of wrestlers, decent graphics, HUGE moveset, Divas can wrestle in almost ALL matches, Divas can enter story mode, story mode in itself is well done, stats actually mean something, wrestlers don't take half an hour to cross the ring, and lastly, CAW mode has enough detail to make any wrestlers missing from the roster, such as Mankind. (It actually includes Mankinds mask, so he's very easy to make.)
Back to top Go down
xX OutSid3r Xx

xX OutSid3r Xx

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 - Discuss   Your Top 5 - Discuss EmptyTue May 04, 2010 3:38 pm

@ Triplemerc - Mmmm Deus Ex, the original FPS-RPG, the first I ever played the sickest game of all time. I was sad when I lost my save file and was unable to check out the other endings available. I still have a couple of copies of it floating around somewhere.

@ Mr_Meister - Tekken was a great franchise, I haven't played it god knows how long though. I think the last time I played it was early PS2. Still I dont think Tekken has anything on Soul Caliber. Just sayin' Cool I played pokemon up until the original gold and silver came out. I had my copies of Red and Blue around here somewhere but I don't have a good GB anymore, my only GB is an old fat black original. Man I miss those days, it was my first taste at what an RPG was I think.
Back to top Go down
Ministry Hunter V2

Ministry Hunter V2

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 - Discuss   Your Top 5 - Discuss EmptyTue May 04, 2010 4:33 pm

Shocked at the ET mention there, it's almost universally considered as one of the WORST games ever made for the Atari, the game that started the shitty movie tie-in game reputation, and one of the main causes for the 1983 North American video game crash.
Back to top Go down
TripleMerc

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 - Discuss   Your Top 5 - Discuss EmptyTue May 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Ministry Hunter V2 wrote:
Shocked at the ET mention there, it's almost universally considered as one of the WORST games ever made for the Atari, the game that started the shitty movie tie-in game reputation, and one of the main causes for the 1983 North American video game crash.

Shut your god damned mouth, ET is the reason I'm still alive today. ET is the greatest game ever, and you'll all know its greatness by the time I'm done!
Back to top Go down
xX OutSid3r Xx

xX OutSid3r Xx

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 - Discuss   Your Top 5 - Discuss EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:41 pm

TripleMerc wrote:

Shut your god damned mouth, ET is the reason I'm still alive today. ET is the greatest game ever, and you'll all know its greatness by the time I'm done!

True except there are landfills dedicated solely to the purpose of riding the world of its collection of ET Cartridges.
Back to top Go down
TripleMerc

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 - Discuss   Your Top 5 - Discuss EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:57 pm

xX OutSid3r Xx wrote:
TripleMerc wrote:

True except there are landfills dedicated solely to the purpose of riding the world of its collection of ET Cartridges.

Because 99% of people don't deserve to play something so good. The remaining 1% of the world sits, in peace, joyously playing their ET games as they should, enjoying the incredible game for what it is - art.
Back to top Go down
xX OutSid3r Xx

xX OutSid3r Xx

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 - Discuss   Your Top 5 - Discuss EmptyWed May 05, 2010 1:52 am

TripleMerc wrote:
xX OutSid3r Xx wrote:
TripleMerc wrote:

Because 99% of people don't deserve to play something so good. The remaining 1% of the world sits, in peace, joyously playing their ET games as they should, enjoying the incredible game for what it is - art.

I respectfully submit to your opinion. I do not share such an opinion however. Then again I thought the ET movie sucked.
Back to top Go down
bigfloridapimp

bigfloridapimp

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 - Discuss   Your Top 5 - Discuss EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:01 pm

I dont know if I can rank them... I mean MLB: Triple Play 2001 was the greatest baseball game I have ever played, that goes for PSX and Computer. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is still the best game period I have ever played. Then we got my favorites from back in the day like Sonic 1 and 2. All the ones after those were just weird.. Sure 3 was pretty good, but nothing like the classics. NBA Jam was great too, I used to play that all the time on Sega. Wrestlemania 2000 = greatness. LoL. Then theres Mortal Kombat, all of them (untill we get to the adventure styled one... UGHH.)

SO I guess if I had a gun to my head and had to rank them they would go.

5. Triple Play 2001 (PSX)
4. Wrestlemania 2000 (N64)
3. Sonic series (Sega)
2. Mortal Kombat series (Sega)
1. GTA: San Andreas

I am gonna assume that the top 3 would change eventually after I play Heavy Rain, which to me looks like the coolest game ever made.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/bigfloridapimp
TripleMerc

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 - Discuss   Your Top 5 - Discuss EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:25 pm

xX OutSid3r Xx wrote:
TripleMerc wrote:
xX OutSid3r Xx wrote:
TripleMerc wrote:

I respectfully submit

HE SUBMITS! I WIN! REF, GIMME THE BELT, I WON, RING THE BELL! HE SUBMITTED! I WIN! WOOOOOOO~!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Top 5 - Discuss   Your Top 5 - Discuss Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Top 5 - Discuss
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nuclear Wrestling Forum :: Misc. :: Video Games-
Jump to: